18. sam cooke – a change is gonna come : i was seriously power-walking to this along false creek in april/may, in the evenings.
19. feeling good: because i’m a good girl, i’ll fill in with the muse version. i like adam’s better though. oh what the hell
20. of montreal – requiem for o.m.m.2
21. animal collective – summertime clothes : this and the immediate following are the result of a period when i was listening to wfuv radio pretty much non-stop
22. the futureheads – the beginning of the twist : a bit of FF that i detect in here? maybe??? i wish i knew my FF better
23. pj harvey&john parish – black-hearted love : love love love pj, doesn’t even matter what she does anymore. for real
24. k’naan – ABCs: in the vein of „i like anything with a good rhythm”- in lit. it’s structure. i think
25. talib kweli – get by : a.k.a the anthem of the creative writing MFA programe at UBC (oh, and fuck vevo :((
26. citizen vein – the circle : sorry for the fanmade video, it’s the ~best thing i could find around. song is good!
27. lady gaga – poker face: rainy day at the mall. and still not shitty. shiny plastic miracle.
28. kings of leon – sex on fire : one month before adam said in an interview that this would be his entrance theme song. not that anyone has to mind me.
29. spring awakening (duncan sheik) – don’t do sadness
30. emmy the great – we almost had a baby: there was a short weird phase of uh-oh british vocalists going on here
31. adele – tired
32. adele – cold shoulder
33. la roux – bulletproof
34. elvis perkins – shampoo
35. alisan porter – the end song
this was my spring/summer. i just don’t have many words about it because i honestly don’t know or remember what i was doing, or supposed to be doing. but it ended, so.