To: Mr. Mr. Landlords
Object: Current state of washroom and updates on the work done, app x , no xxxxx xxxxxx
We would like to advise you on the current state of the bathroom and update you about the progression of reparations since July 3rd.
July 3 the washroom was flooded by responsibility of construction workers. We cleaned up and were told the ceiling would be fixed by July 16th.
July 16th No work done
July 18th We pleaded with the workers to do some work, or update us on the situation (David was not here). One worker came and stripped the ceiling. He told us that he would leave it stripped because the entire bathroom needed to be renovated. No date was given, no updates made by anyone about anything.
Currently, our washroom is unusable, completely unsanitary. Rocks and dirt fall from the exposed ceiling at all times of the day; we cannot clean, maintain or use it.
- The walls, cabinet and tiles have absorbed the dirty water from the flood on July 3rd
- Rocks fall from the ceiling (this can block the pipes)
- The dirt is spreading to the rest of the apartment; we have been cleaning but gave up.
- We would like to remind you of the risk that mushrooms (fungus) can grow behind the tiles and cabinet affected during the flood.
- We are unable to use the washroom properly, dirt falls on us
- We have no updates about the type of work which will be done nor have we been given the date. What we were promised is not done and we are left hanging!
- +Construction holidays are here!!!?!+
It’s almost one month since our bathroom – the ½ of our 3 ½ – has been increasingly unusable, and even posing health risks. We feel obliged to withhold the proportion of the rent covering the said space – precisely 1/7th of the 735$. Considering the anxiety caused to us, we feel that no matter how soon you renovate this bathroom, we should still be entitled to paying less than the full rent for the following month.
Please make appropriate recommendations to either the construction workers or the accountant.
Carmen and Melanie